2018 Breeding Season Incentive Offers:
- APHA Color Incentive:
- APHA Regular Registry Mares (Tobiano, Overo or Tovero) get $100 discount on breeding fee to KAB MyHiddenTreasure
- Money Earner Incentive:
2018 Breeding Season Need To Know Information:
- Breeding Season is February 15th – June 30th
- Mare Care: $12 wet / $10 dry
- Discounts for Multiple Mares
- Discounts for proven performers / producers of performers
- Mares must be accompanied with Negative Coggins and Health Certificates no more than 7 days old
- Mares must be halter broke and safe to handle
- Numenor Farms reserves the right to deny service to any mare
- Breeding Contracts and Booking Applications
- Book before February 14th for a 10% discount on breeding fees
- Breeders Certificates will not be released until a foal has been born
Lots of time and research goes into finding the right match for a mare, and I make a point to keep only the highest quality stallions intact. I have had great success with the Mr. Prospector on Easy Jet cross. While many people look down on the Thoroughbred as inferior to the Quarter Horse (I include paints in that statement), the fact is there would be no Quarter Horse breed without the Thoroughbred. Since so many different strains of Quarter Horse have been selectively bred (often for traits from Thoroughbred ancestors), I find it desirable to use a healthy helping of Thoroughbred out-cross blood.
Mare Care is $10/dry $12/wet per day. I provide only quality forage and feed, and I try to meet any special dietary needs for mares while they are here. However, any special supplements must be provided by the owner.
With four stallions on the place, it is hard to say one is better than the other. Each has his own story, and each is a huge personality to be around.
Shipped Semen Questions:
I get one or two questions every couple of years about the availbility of shipped semen. The truth is I have had so little interest in it that it does not offest the cost of collection, cooling / freezing and shipping. However were there enough interst in a single breeding season, I am more than willing to provide cooled or frozen shipped semen.
Thoroughbreds & Shipped Semen
The Jockey Club does not recognize mares bred by artificial insemination. Therefore, Gotta Be Free will only be availible for Live Cover to Thoroughbred mares, no matter how much interest is shown in shipped semen for him. For AQHA & APHA mares, however, that is not a problem.